Saturday, February 7, 2009

Meet the DAK Member - Brendan


Name: Brendan Geoffrey Young
Length in Kiwanis family: 2 years (but I tagged along in Circle K activities for a year and a half prior to joining Kiwanis)

Why did you join Kiwanis: I wanted to help my wife form this new club, meet new people, and contribute my time to the community.

Postions held: Charter DAK Treasurer

Favorite service project: The Fareshare Metro card project. We converted used metro cards to SmarTrip cards to be donated to disabled veterans for them to use when traveling around DC for job interviews and other things.

Where do you live? Stone Ridge in Aldie, Virginia

Where is the farthest you've ever been from home? Ensenada, Mexico

Do you have any children? My wife and I have two kitty babies, but we plan on having human babies eventually.

What's currently on your Ipod? I am proud to say I have never owned an Ipod, but some of my favorite artists include Chimaira, Dax Riggs, Kamelot, and Pantera.

Last Book you Read? I recently finished reading "I Hate Your Guts" by comedian Jim Norton.

When I go out for a meal my go to menu choice is.... chicken tenders and/or fingers.

One thing people don't know about me...professional wrestling is my favorite sport to watch. I have watched regularly for the past 16 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment