Friday, January 30, 2009

Meet the DAK Member - Heather

Happy Friday! Today begins a new weekly blogspot, "Meet the DAK Member". Our first featured member is none only than our Dulles Area Kiwanis charter president, Heather Talbert. She was the brain child behind starting a club in the Dulles Area and had the Kiwanis family experience and expertise to make this club a reality. Let's learn more about Heather and what makes her tick...


Name: Heather Lynn Talbert
Length in Kiwanis family: I spent 3 years in Circle K and will have 13 years in Kiwanis as of this May

Postions held: I was on the district board for one year in Circle K as Treasurer and in Kiwanis I've held the positions of Distinguished Club Secretary, Sponsored Youth / Service Leadership Program Chair, Circle K District Administrator and Charter Club President

Favorite service project: Being a volunteer on the old Children's Miracle Network Telethon at Channel 9 (W*USA) and dressing up as The Children's National Medical Center mascot Dr. Bear (yes the costume was VERY hot inside)

Where do you live? McLean, Virginia

Where is the farthest you've ever been from home? London, England

Do you have any children? A 3.5yr. old daughter, Maggie

What's currently on your Ipod? Music ranging from Leona Lewis, David Cook, Nickelback to Duran Duran, Lisa Stansfield, Billy Joel

Last Book you Read? I'm starting the Camel Club Series by David Baldacci

When I go out for a meal my go to menu choice is.... usually a hamburger of some kind. Unoriginal I know!

One thing people don't know about me...I have a 7.5in stainless steel bar fused to my vertebrae straightening out my spine.

No comments:

Post a Comment